What is managed SIEM?
What is SIEM?
SIEM refers to Security Information and Event Management. SIEM software aids cybersecurity experts in protecting their IT infrastructure from a variety of cyber attacks. The SIEM system gathers log data from the whole infrastructure of a business, which includes routers, switches, firewalls, servers, personal computers and devices, apps, cloud environments, and other devices. SIEM offers a wide range of capabilities that provide comprehensive protection for an enterprise. This has also made it simple to bring all aspects of cybersecurity under one roof.
How does an SIEM work?
SIEM solutions use agentless and agent-based processes to collect logs, which are time-stamped records of events generated on devices and applications in the network, this can include logs from anti-virus software or firewall breaches. Following the collection of logs inside the SIEM software, they are normalised using various analytical approaches such as log correlation and machine learning algorithms. SIEM systems analyse and correlate these records to detect and prevent threats in an organisation.
Key features of SIEM
SIEM systems provide a comprehensive view of all events in an IT infrastructure by monitoring network activity and applying threat intelligence and user and entity behaviour analytics (UEBA) to detect and mitigate threats.
Some of the features of the SIEM are as follows:
- Log Management
- Incident Management
- Threat Intelligence
- Intrusion Detection
- Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR)
- Vulnerability Management
- Asset/User management
Why Managed SIEM ?
Managed SIEM is the outsourcing of SIEM to a cybersecurity agency. This enables an enterprise to close any gaps their in house IT team may be incapable of. Having an assigned panel of cybersecurity experts managing your SIEM can prove to be extremely favourable to your business.
Some benefits of having a managed SIEM service would be:
- SIEM Actively monitors the entire network for anomalies and also help troubleshoot IT operation, thereby ensuring security across the network.
- SIEM prevents data breaches/Malware outbreaks by identifying IOCs at an early stage.
- SIEM provides information about the user behaviour anomalies helping the organisation to defend against sophisticated attacks.
- Provide real-time alerting on every security attack.
- SIEM provides Incident response orchestration to achieve a seamless process.
- SIEM helps the IT operations team conduct forensic analysis and speeds up the post-incident recovery.
Why Choose SecuriCentrix
Our Managed SIEM team has expertise and experience in the areas of information security and compliance. We help our clients identify and manage IT risks and ensure compliance with all major industry regulations and standards.
We at SecuriCentrix want the best for the best and are not willing to let you succumb to any threats.