The ISO 27001 Security Management System (ISMS)
What is ISMS
ISO 27001 PENETRATION TESTING
ISO 27001 INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
THE ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
The Challenges Of ISO27001
- Regulatory Governance
The GDPR, POPIA and other privacy regulations require organisations to implement measures to ensure technical and operational controls for securing data.
Identify risks and quantify the threats to assets and ensure ongoing management of security controls and clauses as risks evolve.
The Benefits Of ISO27001
- Increase reliability and security of information data and systems – patching systems and needing access to systems and applications.
- Customer and third party confidence – stakeholders are confident the information and the systems protecting the data adhere to industry best practice security controls.
- Increase in organisation resilience – organisations are better equipped to manage threats.
- Improvement in management strategies and objectives – the ISMS aligns with business strategy and goals allowing for security throughout the organisation.
Compliance with Data Protection Regulations – ISO 27001 provides a suitable framework for demonstrating compliance to GDPR and POPIA. By complying with the controls of ISO 27001, you can demonstrate assurance of compliance and with the ISO27701 can show privacy of data.
What needs to be assessed
Core focus areas for evaluation during the assessment:
Why Choose Us
ISO27001 implementation helps your organisation manage business risks, satisfy stakeholder, third party and regulatory requirements. Our experienced security consultants can guide you through the ISMS framework.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, ISO 27001 is a security standard chosen as a framework to improve an organisations security posture and improves overall processes in an organisation.
ISO 270001 has a list of mandatory documents to ensure compliance with the standard:
- Scope of the ISMS
- Information security policy and objectives
- Risk assessment and risk treatment methodology
- Statement of Applicability
- Risk treatment plan and report
- Definition of security roles and responsibilities
- Inventory of assets
- Acceptable use of assets
- Access control policy
- Operating procedures for IT management
- Secure system engineering principles
- Supplier security policy
- Incident management procedure
- Business continuity procedures
- Legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
Documentation is a crucial part of ISO 27001 implementation. An organisation securely performs activities and, the documentation helps you achieve and monitor this. Also, the records of meetings and processes you create will help you measure whether you achieve your information security goals, enabling you to correct the functions that are not performing well.
ISO 27001 does not mandate the entire organisation be compliant with the standard, and the organisation can select which critical portions of the organisation need to comply.
The IT Team will play an important role in achieving and maintaining the organisation’s ISO 27001 compliance; however, information security covers IT measures and includes human resource management, organisational matters, legal matters, and physical security controls. It is, therefore, vital to get the entire organisation involved.
SecuriCentrix’s security services are designed to provide the vital assistance needed to make tangible improvements to your organisation’s cyber security posture.
Expert security services and solutions tailored to your needs